Hermosa Beach Diamond Sports has implemented physical, electronic and managerial processes to safeguard the privacy of the information it obtains.Advice to Children and Parents
We strongly advise children to get their parent(s) or guardian(s) to review any information they intend to transmit and get their permission before submitting any kind of personal data to anyone over the Internet. We urge parents to repeatedly discuss with their children the danger of giving personal information to anyone (online or in person) whom they don't personally know. We also encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children monitoring and reviewing their children’s online activity. As a policy, no person under the age of 13 is permitted to register directly to receive our electronic communications.What personal information do we collect for our electronic database?
Little League Baseball, Incorporated requires our league to submit player registration data and coach/manager data to be in compliance with Regulation IV (g) as well as league officer information at the time of chartering annually. Complete data for all players, managers/coaches and league officers is required. Player registration data must include the date of birth of the player and parent or guardian contact information. Our league must verify the accuracy of such information annually. A player, manager or coach must be listed on the data submitted to Little League International in order to be covered by Little League National Accident Insurance, provided it is purchased by the league.How do we use personal information collected and received
Any information gathered by Hermosa Beach Diamond Sports through the registration process and/or by any other means, will be used for the purpose of furthering the mission of Little League Baseball, Incorporated. Hermosa Beach Diamond Sports, and our parent entity, Little League Baseball, Incorporated does not sell any information collected from you to outside companies.
On occasion, we may provide special offers or services through Hermosa Beach Diamond Sports and/or its sponsors, licensees or other business associates. We also may use the information to fulfill your requests for information or products or to respond to your inquiries about our program. We sometimes use this information to communicate with you, such as to update you on new rules, regulations or risk management issues, ask your opinion through surveys and research, or provide you with the latest news story being covered by Hermosa Beach Diamond Sports.
The information you provide in connection with our website and email communications, online forums, social media sites and communities is used to create an interactive experience. We may use this information to facilitate conversation and from time to time, offer you information, programs and services.
Should you receive information from Hermosa Beach Diamond Sports, Little League or one of our partners, this information will be clearly identified with the identification marks in adherence with our trademark registration.
The data provided to us is utilized by Hermosa Beach Diamond Sports and Little League International in the ways such as the following:
- To catalog and record each individual player into a yearly listing of participants in the Little League program. These records are maintained in the Little League archives and for historical purposes through the Little League Museum. This information may also be used for operational issues that may arise with respect to eligibility of the participants in a local league program.
- To maintain a record of the coaches and managers involved in the Little League program and their associated team and/or league.
- Email addresses provided to us through the league player record sharing process by each player’s parent(s) or guardian(s), and coach and/or manager are incorporated into our electronic database for the current season. Individuals receive an “Opt-In” welcome announcement and are given the choice to opt-in to receive communications from HBDS and Little League. Every communication sent will provide you an option to “Opt-Out”.
At Hermosa Beach Diamond Sports, we collect information in addition to player registration data and coach/manager data in order to help identify you and/or your child’s interests in the Little League program and the associated division with which you may be affiliated. On our website and through our various links to resources and information, you can read articles, view discussion boards, enter contests, participate in promotions, express your opinion, shop online or subscribe to our online portals, emails and newsletters. On occasion, we may ask for personal contact information from you for purposes such as:
- to provide you with information that you’ve requested based on your selected preferences upon Opt-In;
- to enable us to respond to your inquiry;
- to register you for a contest or promotion, or;
- for league operation and education.
You also have the opportunity to “Opt-Out” of any Hermosa Beach Diamond Sports controlled electronic large group communication at any time by sending an email to [email protected]
and typing Unsubscribe in the subject line or by clicking on the Safe Unsubscribe™ link at the bottom of any email you receive from us.
Hermosa Beach Diamond Sports reserves the right to modify this policy from time to time as HBDS determines to be appropriate.