The State of California recently announced that effective February 26, 2021, moderate-contact and high-contact youth and adult recreational sports may resume, including competitions, if permitted by local health authorities and if in compliance with both Los Angeles County and State requirements for these sports.
Hermosa Beach Little League is taking reasonable measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection, including tracking/tracing, and following applicable state and County public health orders and protocols. However, the possibility of transmission cannot be eliminated. Athletes and their families must be aware of and acknowledge the risks before participating in athletics.
By completing your registration and allowing your child to participate in Hermosa Beach Little League activities, you acknowledge that you have read this Informed Consent Agreement, and you acknowledge, accept, and agree to all the following:
- Participation in athletics is purely voluntary.
- Youth Athlete has permission to participate in athletic meetings, practices, and competitions as directed by the coaching staff.
- Neither the Athlete nor Parent/Guardian will attend meetings, practice and/or competitions if any of the following apply:
- The Athlete or any member of their household is exhibiting one symptom(s) of COVID-19 first appear within the last 10 days: fever (at or over 100.4°F or 38°C) or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, feeling tired, muscle or body aches, headache, sore throat, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, congestion or runny nose, or new loss of taste or smell. The Parent/Guardian will check Athlete’s temperature at home prior to attending meetings, practices, and/or competitions; and Athlete will not attend if their temperature is at or over 100.4°F or 38°C.
- The Athlete or any member of their household has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has a suspected diagnosis of COVID-19 or pending COVID test.
- The Athlete or any member of their household has spent time with another individual who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has a suspected diagnosis of COVID-19.
- The Athlete or any member of their household is currently under isolation or quarantine orders.
- If the Athlete tests positive for COVID-19 or has been identified as being exposed to an individual that has tested positive for COVID-19, the Parent/Guardian agrees to immediately inform Jeff Miller, Hermosa Beach Little League President ([email protected]) and acknowledges that Hermosa Beach Little League must contact the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH) to provide information regarding the confirmed positive test, including Athlete’s name and contact information. I consent to Hermosa Beach Little League providing such information to LACDPH or any other the administrative body as required by law. I agree to willingly cooperate with any contact tracing that is deemed necessary by Hermosa Beach Little League and / or LACDPH.
- We are aware that the Athlete may be exposed to COVID-19 while participating in or attending meetings, practices and/or competitions. We understand that this exposure carries a risk of infection, serious illness, or death for both the athlete and their household members.
- We acknowledge Hermosa Beach Little League, the Governor, State Department of Health, LACDPH, or other administrative body with authority over Hermosa Beach Little League may determine to cancel a competition or the season at any time. We also acknowledge Hermosa Beach Little League must comply with any mandates issued by any entity with the authority over athletics and agree to comply with any such directives even if issued after signature to this agreement.
- Parent/Guardian is/are aware that practices, games, spectating, and/or transportation will look different than prior years, including the need for physical distancing and the correct and consistent use of face masks. We agree to comply with the direction provided by the coaching staff and acknowledge that the failure to do so may result in the Athlete being refused participation at practice, competitions, and/or the entire sport season.
- Athlete is voluntarily participating in athletics. Athlete or Parent/Guardian, if the Athlete is a minor, agrees to assume any and all risks of infection, injury, or death, whether those risks are known or unknown.
- I understand that the league Covid Protocol plan may change over the course of the season due to changes in policy from Los Angeles County or City of Hermosa Beach, and that I can stay updated by checking in on the protocol posted on the Hermosa Beach Little League website at www.hermosabaseball.com
I/WE HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM/WE ARE AWARE OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN ATHLETICS DURING THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC. I AM/WE ARE AWARE THAT THIS FORM CONTAINS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND WAIVER OF ALL CLAIMS. I AM/WE ARE SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT VOLUNTARILY, FULLY AWARE OF THE RISKS AND MY RELEASE AND WAIVER OF ANY CLAIM AGAINST THE HERMOSA BEACH LITTLE LEAGUE, ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, BOARD MEMBERS, OR OTHER RELATED ENTITIES.